What is ISO 22000?
ISO 22000:2005 is an international standard that gives requirements for an organisation’s Food Safety Management System (FSMS). It is part of a family of standards published by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) often referred to collectively as the ISO 2000 series.
There are a number of standards which organisations in the food industry may have to meet in order to provide assurance on food safety matters. In addition, due to the increased world demand for safer food, there continues to be a range of other initiatives which can result in a significant duplication of effort for organizations, and also in associated increased costs. It obviously makes sense to have just one standard which is internationally recognised. As a result, the International Organisation for Standardization (ISO) has developed the ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management Systems Standard.
Why should my organisation implement ISO 22000?
Many companies see the introduction of a food safety management system as a major step forward in assuring that they continue to provide safe food products and services to their customers, and ensuring that they continue to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Others simply react to customer demands that their suppliers should have suitable systems.
Why should my organisation apply for ISO 22000 certification?
Satisfactory assessment of your management system leads to the award of a certificate of registration. The value of a certificate of registration and its credibility depends on the organisation that issues it and the status that the organisation has gained in the market place. World Certification have achieved UKAS Accreditation to provide ISO 22000 certification and that enables clients to use the UKAS tick and crown logos on stationery and marketing material. Other benefits of registration could include:
- Access to new markets
- Compliance with the Codex HACCP principles
- Providing communication of HACCP concepts internationally
- An auditable standard with clear requirements so as to provide a framework for third-party certification
- Enabling communication about hazards with partners in the supply chain
- Compliance with a legal or business requirement
- Competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Identifying problem areas and opportunities for improvement
- Independent verification of management system suitability & process reliability
- Enhancing business reputation & corporate image
- Showing people your care and have a commitment to their well-being
- Greater staff awareness of, and increased visibility of company obligations
- Demonstrating “Due Diligence” so as to be in a legally defensible position against possible lawsuits.
Why choose World Certification Services?
World Certification Services offer value-added assessment and registration services thanks to trained and experienced Lead Auditors with the ability to undertake their work impartially and in a friendly manner. World Certification are continuously assessed by UKAS so you can be sure that the highest standards are maintained at all times. World Certification Services was one of only six Certification Bodies to first gain UKAS ISO 22000 accreditation and has gained and maintained a good reputation in the food sector for providing ISO 22000 certification.
What will it cost?
World Certification Services has always offered affordable certification. We are competitive in the market and take a sensible approach when quoting certification fees. If you would like to receive a quote detailing the costs involved for a 3 year period of certification please click on Request a Quotation and follow the prompts.