WCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of customers, employees, and interested parties throughout the COVID 19 pandemic. We have been monitoring the situation closely, whilst reviewing government and accreditation body guidance.
WCS understands that it’s customers need business continuity within their operation, and this includes maintaining their applicable certification. WCS will work with all clients and do its best to maintain certification through this difficult time.
WCS has made the decision to revise its policy with regard to 100% remote auditing in the UK. There has been a change to its policy.
WCS has now been completing the majority of management systems audits remotely using Information and Communications Technology. Software such as MS Teams, Zoom, SharePoint have been working well and feedback has been positive.
However WCS has received requests from clients who wish for their audit to be completed on site. Also some clients are not able to provide audit evidence remotely due to security, confidentiality reasons. For this reason WCS has decided to allow “some” on site audits but subject to the following:
- Client needs to have completed a return to work Covid 19 Risk Assessment and implemented the necessary controls
- Clients policy allows visitors on site taking into account employee circumstances
- WCS assessor is happy to visit site after completing own risk assessment
- WCS has a local assessor that does not require public transport or hotels
- New on site audit procedures are followed such as no group gatherings, no hand shaking, social distancing, use of PPE and hand sanitiser.
- Implementation of communication procedure for track and trace purposes
- Local lockdown rules to be reviewed and followed
At this time WCS anticipate on site assessments are to be completed in exceptional circumstances only. If required WCS can facilitate partial on site and remote audits to minimise time on site.
WCS assessors will continue to contact client with upcoming audits to discuss.
If you require any further information, please contact WCS.Back to Blog