Run by Charis Management Training in partnership with WCS Training Limited ISO 14001:2015 Foundation Training course (Environmental Management Systems)
The ISO 14001:2015 Foundation Training Course provides the training delegates require to gain an in-depth understanding of the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard. Whether delegates have been familiar with the old ISO 14001:2004 or are looking for a detailed instruction on the requirements of the new ISO 14001:2015 standard. This is the course that explains the requirements of ISO 14001.
Aim of the Course
The aim of this course is to provide students who have an existing basic knowledge of, or experience in, environmental management with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO 14001, and to provide a basis for students who wish to go on to complete IRCA Certified EMS Auditor Training courses. All references to ISO standards in this document are to the current versions, unless stated otherwise.
Objectives of Course
Delegates will, at the end of the course be able to:
- Explain the purpose of an Environmental Management System, of environmental management systems standards, and the business and societal benefits of improved environmental performance
- Outline the structure and content of ISO 14001
- Explain the specific environmental management related requirements of ISO 14001
There is NO formal written examination on this course. However to be successful on the course delegates must:
- Complete/attend all elements of the course.
- Demonstrate achievement of the learning and enabling objectives
None (please see aim of course on need for Basic knowledge or experience in Environmental Management)
Detailed Course Outcomes
Delegates will as a minimum, come out of the course able to do the following:
- Understand the purpose of an environmental management system, and the business and societal benefits of improved environmental performance.
- Outline the processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, measuring, analysing, evaluating, reviewing, maintaining, and improving an environmental management system, including the significance of these for EMS auditors.
- Explain the terms and definitions used in ISO 14001.
- Outline the structure and content of ISO 14001.
- Outline, with reference to the PDCA cycle, the structure and content of ISO 14001.
- Understand the specific environmental management related requirements of ISO 14001
- Understand the relationship between the external and internal issues, the relevant requirements of relevant interested parties, the actions to address risks and opportunities, and the quality management system processes needed to implement them.
- Understand the purpose of the scope of an environmental management system and what should be considered when determining it.
- Understand the purpose of an environmental policy, the relationship between the
environmental management system and the environmental policy, as well as the
requirements for its content, implementation and review.
- Understand the process for assessing environmental aspects and associated
environmental impacts to determine those that have, or can have, a significant impact on the environment by using established criteria.
- Understand the requirements for environmental objectives and the relationship between them, the environmental policy and management review.
- Give examples of the resources needed to manage the environmental responsibilities in a manner that contributes to the ‘environmental pillar’ of sustainability, and describe the requirements for support.
- Understand how the organisation plans, implements and controls the processes needed to meet environmental management system requirements, and how outsourced processes are controlled or influenced.
- Understand how the organisation should respond to actual emergency situations and how to reduce the consequences.
- Understand the requirements for monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation of environmental performance against planned objectives and for internal audit.
- Understand the processes involved in achieving continual improvement of environmental performance through improving the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the environmental management system and its related processes.
1 Full Day- 8:30am- 5pm
All quoted figures are exclusive of VAT, VAT will be charged at prevailing rate.
Course Dates: 2017
ISO 14001:2015 Foundation – 1st June (Birmingham): Booking Page
ISO 14001:2015 Foundation – 17th October (Manchester): Booking Page
Please click on the link to book onto the course or if you have further questions please do not hesitate to either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 1519247474