World Certification recently attended the RMC training event in Fort Worth, Texas. A number of significant changes are occurring within the AS 9100 certification scheme and below is a summary of some of the changes.
- 20 September 2016 – AS 9100:2016 or AS 9100D released
- 30 November 2016 – AS 9100:2016 auditor training released
- 17 March 2017 – Certified clients must provide a documented statement formalizing their intent to transition to AS 9100:2016
- 15 June 2017 – All WCS audits regardless of cycle must be conducted to AS 9100:2016
- 14 September 2018 – AS 9100C will expire
AS 9101 will also be revised. The new revision will be AS 9101F and the reporting structure will change. All WCS auditors will be required to complete training before use.
OASIS Database changes will be significant with a scheduled December 2017 release. At the moment WCS understand that applications, audit plans, communications, reporting, and NCR management will all be managed from within OASIS.
WCS will keep all clients updated when more information becomes available. You will need to prepare for change and adapt your management system to meet the new requirements and transition timelines.