WCS is now starting to transition ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 management systems to the new 2015 versions.
All clients should have by now received multiple communications from WCS and hopefully you may have attended one of our transition training events.
However WCS still receive the odd enquiry regarding the actual transition process so WCS has created simplified transition information. Please see below.
CLIENT TRANSITION PROCESS
Clients will be able to transition to the new standard(s) during surveillance audits, recertification audits or special audits.
- If a client wishes to transition during a surveillance audit, extra time will be required in order to review the changes to the management system and to verify the changes meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and / or ISO14001:2015. An audit report will be provided and a checklist will be used by the WCS auditor. The extra time is likely to be 0.5 days on site per standard and will be chargeable.
- If a client wishes to transition during a recertification audit extra time will be required in order to review the changes to the management system and to verify the changes meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and / or ISO14001:2015. This extra time will be in the form of a stage one audit. This will be either off site or on site depending on the scope of the certification and the extent of the changes. The extra time is likely to be 0.5 days per standard and will be chargeable.
- If a client wishes to transition prior to surveillance or recertification audits then a special transition audit can be scheduled. A transition checklist will be completed by the WCS auditor. The special audit will typically be 0.5 days in duration with 0.5 days report writing. This will be chargeable.
- Some clients may wish to identify where their management system does not meet the new requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and / or ISO14001:2015 and may request a gap analysis audit. Typically this will be of one day duration. This is a chargeable event and will make use of the transition checklist.
- All current ISO 9001:2008 & ISO14001:2004 certified clients must transition to the new standard by 14th September 2018. After this date ISO9001:2008 and ISO14001:2004 standards become obsolete.
NEW WCS CLIENTS
WCS is still accepting applications to ISO 9001:2008 & ISO14001:2004. However any certificates issued will expire on the 14th September 2018. This means the client will not receive a three year certificate as they will be required to transition to the new standards before 14th September 2018 date. It is not expected that WCS will receive applications for certification to the old ISO 9001:2008 later that 14th September 2017.
Any applications to the new standards will be processed via the normal Stage one and Stage two audit process, and, following a positive certification decision, the certificate(s) will be issued for a period of three years from the certification decision date.
ISSUE OF CERTIFICATES
WCS will not issue UKAS or ANAB Accredited ISO 9001:2015 certificates for any best work boots company until it has formally been notified of accreditation to the new standard. Clients will have to successfully complete the transition audit and clear any relevant non-conformances. At this time WCS has achieved ANAB accreditation to ISO 9001:2015 and is currently in the process of transitioning with UKAS. Expected accreditation date with UKAS is approx. 1st July 2016.
Transition at Recertification: The WCS certificate will be issued for 3 years from certification decision.
Transition at Surveillance: The new ISO 9001:2015 certificate will be issued with an expiry date of 3 years from the previous certification decision and an issue date mirroring the date of certification decision to the new standard.
Transfer during Special (separate) Audit: The new ISO 9001:2015 certificate will be issued with an expiry date of 3 years from the previous certification decision and an issue date mirroring the date of certification decision to the new standard.
UPDATING YOUR SYSTEM
As a UKAS accredited certification WCS is not allowed to offer consultancy. However WCS will be happy to discuss potential changes and updates required. You can call the office at any time to speak with a certification manager or lead auditor.
If you think you may need help with the transition process then WCS can forward you contact information for local consultants. WCS cannot recommend but is allowed to forward details of consultants to clients. The selection process must be your decision as WCS cannot get involved in this process.