World Certification Services Ltd has a process for controlling all certification decisions.
This includes granting, refusing, maintaining, renewing, suspending, restoring, withdrawing certification and for expanding or reducing the scope of certification. The following are a summary of process controls WCS has implemented:
- All certification decisions are made by a certification manager / officer who are impartial from the audit activity.
- Certification managers / officers are trained and knowledgeable in the relevant accreditation standards.
- Decisions take account of evidence submitted from the audit team including reports and objective evidence.
- Decisions take account of corrective actions submitted by a client.
- Decisions are made after thorough review of all objective evidence submitted.
- A certificate cannot be issued before the certification decision has been made.
- Failure to submit corrective action could result in the decision to suspend and withdraw certification
- Failure to agree to an audit could result in the decision to suspend and withdraw certification.
- Failure to pay the certification / audit fee could result in the decision to suspend and withdraw certification.
- Scope extensions usually require a special audit to cover the new area / activity.
- Scope clarifications may be processed without a further audit.
- Address changes usually require an audit at the new location.
- Records of all decisions are maintained by WCS.
- The client can appeal a certification decision.